Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"Gone Girl" (2014) starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike

MOVIE REVIEW - "GONE GIRL" - I had read a few reviews on this movie so I knew it wasn't a Disney feel-good movie. And it wasn't. I saw it two weeks ago and I had to think about it before writing my thoughts. It's a competent work -- director, actors, writer, production values, etc. -- but it may one day be considered a "film noir" classic because of the twists and turns that take place in the movie. Being a senior lady who has worked in the motion picture industry for over 35 years, I have seen a lot of movies and read a lot of scripts and even submitted a few of my own to various studios. I even had a gig writing script reviews for several years. This movie isn't perfect, but one of the twists it takes is such a powerful commentary on the nature of marriage that it took me several weeks to process the message. There's a shadowed view of the main characters' marriage seen through a harsh filter of reality which is haunting. And no, that's not a spoiler alert... the other reviews said much the same thing. And, yep, I agree with them.

IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267998/
Tags: Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, Carrie Coon, Kim Dickens, Drama, Mystery, Thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment